It has been my experience as a wedding photographer that every engagement session, bridal portrait, wedding ceremony and reception is unique. Each one will likely require a slightly different combination of camera equipment to photograph it properly. As a result, I use several different camera bags so I always have the camera equipment with me to consistently and reliably capture beautiful images for my couples.
I still use my original Kelly Moore Classic camera bag every time I shoot. Spacious and partitioned on the inside, I can easily fit my Nikon D810 with Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens, my Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 zoom lens, and a Nikon SB-700 Speedlight flash in it with room to spare. The quick open top with magnetic snaps makes changing lenses simple and the two outside pockets (also with magnetic snaps) hold extra batteries, filters and memory cards. The large zipper pocket on the back is perfect for business cards or papers (or my iPad) and the pouch on the end is super convenient for my cell phone (muted, of course). The padded shoulder strap is comfortable and long enough to quickly swing the camera bag to either side for easy shooting.
I just love my Kelly Moore Classic camera bag!
Kelly Moore Classic Camera Bag (Black)
(1) Nikon D810*
(1) Nikon AF Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Fisheye Lens
(1) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Lens and HR-2 Rubber Lens Hood*
(1) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Zoom Lens*
(1) Nikon AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Telephoto Lens
(1) Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flash*
(2) Lexar 64GB Professional 1000x UDMA CompactFlash Card*
(2) Lexar 64GB Professional 600x Class 10 UHS-1 SDXC Card*
(3) Nikon EN-EL15 Li-ion Battery*
(1) Tiffen 52mm Circular Polarizer Filter*
(1) Tiffen 52mm Closeup (+3) Filter*
(1) Tiffen 77mm Circular Polarizer Filter*
(1) Tiffen 77mm Closeup (+1) Filter*
(1) Tiffen 77mm Closeup (+2) Filter*
(1) Tiffen 77mm Closeup (+4) Filter*
(2) 8 AA Panasonic Eneloop Pro High Capacity Ni-MH 2550 mAh Rechargeable Batteries in Dot Line AA Battery Case*
My husband photographs every wedding with me and we both use identical camera gear*
Primary Camera Equipment
Are you familiar with Pelican cases? If not, you should be.
Because I travel regularly to photograph both local and destination weddings, I chose the Pelican 1510 Carry on Case to safely protect and transport my primary camera equipment. The Pelican 1510 is a crushproof, dustproof, waterproof and fully foam lined roller bag with super strong polyurethane wheels. It features a retractable extension handle and is the biggest, toughest FAA approved airline legal carry on case available.
(1) Pelican 1515 Padded Divider Set*
(1) Pelican 1519 Lid Organizer*
(1) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Zoom Lens*
(1) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Zoom Lens
(1) Nikon MH-25 Battery Charger*
(1) Nikon SW-14H Diffusion Dome*
(1) Nikon SZ-3FL Fluorescent Filter*
(1) Nikon SZ-3TN Incandescent Filter*
(1) Pelican 0910 Memory Card Case
(1) Hoodman HoodLoupe Optical Viewfinder for LCD Display
(1) ProMaster 1782 MC30 Nikon Cable Release
(1) Op/Tech USA Rainsleeve/Flash*
(1) Sunpak Lens Pen*
I use a Manfrotto Mono-Pod a lot of the time, but especially when I use longer focal length lenses. Just that little bit of added stability can be worth a full fStop.
(1) Manfrotto MM394 Mono-Pod*
Backup Camera Equipment
One of the reasons my couples choose me is because they know I can be trusted to photograph the single most important day of their new married life together, and a critical part of building that trust is having appropriate and reliable backup camera equipment. This redundancy in camera equipment allows my couples to feel comfortable and confident that an equipment failure will not spoil their special day.
I chose the Pelican PCS 181 for my backup camera equipment storage because it is a well built and fully padded camera bag that protects everything. It is a roller bag, but is also light enough to hand carry when necessary.
Pelican PCS 181 Wheeled Camera Case
(2) Nikon D700
(4) Lexar 16GB Professional 600x UDMA Compact Flash Card
(4) Nikon EN-EL3e Li-ion Battery
(2) Nikon MH-18a Battery Charger
(1) Nikon SB-700 Speedlight Flash
(5) Nikon SB-600 Speedlight Flash
(6) Nikon AS19 Flash Stand
(1) Nikon SJ1 Flash Gel Set
(4) ProMaster Flash Diffuser 4687
(2) 8 AA Panasonic Eneloop Pro High Capacity Ni-MH 2550 mAh Rechargeable Batteries in Dot Line AA Battery Case
(8) Panasonic Eneloop Pro Ni-MH Battery Charger
(2) Tiffen 52mm ND3 Neutral Density Filter
(1) Tiffen 52mm ND6 Neutral Density Filter
(2) Tiffen 77mm ND3 Neutral Density Filter
(1) Tiffen 77mm ND6 Neutral Density Filter
(1) 8′ USB 3.0 Cable for PC Tethered Shooting
(1) Manfrotto 055X Pro (B) Tripod
Available light can either be a wedding photographer’s best friend or worst enemy. No two locations ever have the exact same natural lighting conditions and, depending on the time of day, the lighting at most locations will change throughout the course of a day (many times quite dramatically). Although I prefer to work with available light, I always have the necessary lighting equipment available to consistently and reliably photograph beautiful images under virtually any lighting conditions.
I chose the f.64 Light Stand bag because it is made with a strong and water resistant padded polyester material that is tough enough to protect my lighting equipment.
f.64 Light Stand Bag
(1) Yongnuo YN622N-TX Nikon Compatible i-TTL Wireless Flash Controller
(5) Yongnuo YN622N Nikon Compatible i-TTL Wireless Flash Trigger Transceiver
(1) 45″ Westcott White Umbrella with Removable Black Cover
(1) 45″ Westcott White Umbrella
(2) 32″ Westcott Silver Reflector Umbrella
(2) 32″ Westcott White Umbrella
(2) Gary Fong Lightsphere Collapsible with Speed Mount
(1) Lastolite LS2453 Telescoping Boom (29″ to 91″)
(1) Lastolite A2412 Tri-Flash/Umbrella Bracket
(1) Smith-Victor Mini-Boom MB110 (63″)
(4) Manfrotto Flash/Umbrella Bracket
(2) Manfrotto Flash/Umbrella Bracket on Spring Clamp
(5) Smith-Victor RS8 8′ Light Stand
(2) Black Gaffers Tape 2″
(1) Botero 5′ x 7′ Collapsible Background (1 fStop Diffuser with Chroma Key Green/Chroma Key Blue/Gold Reflector/Silver Reflector)
(1) Botero 5′ x 7′ Collapsible Background (Gray)
(1) Fotodiox 42″ 5-in-1 Collapsible 1 fStop Diffuser with Black/White/Gold Reflector/Silver Reflector)
I use a collapsible background when we setup the Wedding Portrait Booth at wedding receptions.
(3) SystemPRO 6440 10′ ProMaster Background Stand
(2) SystemPRO 6440 12′ ProMaster Background Support (for up to 24′ total width)
(2) 10′ x 24′ Chroma Key/Green Screen Muslin Background (Green)
(1) 10′ x 20′ Muslin Background (Gray)
(3) 5′ x 10′ Drape Panel (Black)
(12) Background Spring Clamp